The navbox (the search bar at the top of every page) is where you go to find cards in your Wagn. You can also add new cards from it.
Every Wagn has a card named *navbox.
Typing characters in the navbox will trigger a box of links to open below. There are four kinds of links:
- search - one of these links will appear for any search term. clicking the link will take you a search of all cards for which either the name or the content matches the search term(s).
- go to - direct links to cards whose names begin with the search term. unless a "+" appears in the search term, only simple cards will be linked to. Selecting the link (for example, with arrow keys) will change the search term to the card's complete name. Only cards that the current user has permission to read will be returned.
- add - links to create a new card whose name is the current search term. This link only shows when the user has create permission.
- new - if the search term is the name of a type, this link will appear to create a card of that type. This, too, requires create permission.
- typical searches discard characters other than letters and numbers
- search terms beginning with "+" will look for compound names beginning with the current card. For example, if you are currently on the Apple card's page, and there is an Apple+logo card, then typing "+" will return a list of go to links that includes Apple+logo.
- the navbox does not currently work when it is loaded by an AJAX call.