Here is the Apple card in open view:
...and here it is in titled view:
AppleYou can count how many seeds are in an apple, but you can't count how many apples are in a seed.
...and in change view:
...and in content view:
You can count how many seeds are in an apple, but you can't count how many apples are in a seed.
Click on any view name below to link to a page of the Apple card showing that view.
Dynamic content views
The following views can be edited in place:
- content — just the card content
- titled — card title followed by content
- open — full card header and content
- closed — one-liner with card header and trimmed content
- labeled — card title followed by what content will fit on a single line
- change — who last edited each card and when
Static content views
These views have no HTML wrapping (ie no "slots") and therefore can't be interacted with dynamically:
These short views are most useful when used in displaying items in a list (collection):
- name — the card's name
- link — a link to the card (also see Link Syntax)
- linkname — url-friendly name variant (eg underscores instead of spaces)
- url —full, canonical URL for the card
See the following pages to learn how to use views in these contexts:
- several elements of views - such as the menu - can be added or removed with show or hide. See Inclusion Syntax.
- views are also central to the Wagn module api, which makes it easy to create new views for specific sets.
- The name and linkname views are especially useful for contextual web addresses.
- views can also be added to the end of any URL to override the default view. See web address for everything.
Also see Design Braindumps+views
The default views for inclusions and items in Searches/Pointers will be changing. See change default inclusion view to titled and search&pointer items to link
--John Abbe.....2013-03-22 23:16:08 +0000
Looks you like removed all of the tips about show/hide - is that documentation somewhere else now?